Chemical Peels in Essex
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers to make way for new smoother fresher skin.
Chemical peels are used to treat a range of conditions including sun damage, acne, scarring, fine lines and wrinkles but also to refresh and restore tired looking dull skin.
Chemical peels can be done alone or in combination with other cosmetic procedures.
Chemical peels can be done at different depths light, medium or deep depending on the skin condition we are treating.
At Look Aesthetics we provide a range of Chemical Peels and facials using only Medical Grade products.
Whether your looking for a Red Carpet Facial or a prescription Retinol Peel, here at Look Aesthetics we can provide you with a whole range of skin care facials.
A good skincare regime at home is essential.
We stock a range of home skincare products which will maximise your overall results.
48 Hours (estimated)
Risks & Complications
Asymmetry, bruises, infections and swelling
Back to work
Up to 24hrs
6 – 9 Months
The condition of your skin can be a real confident booster. At Look Aesthetics we offer full consultations and a skincare plan to help with a range of skin condtions.
We offer a vast range of skincare treatments meaning we can offer you a combination of different treatments to get the best results.
WHAT IS A SKIN PEEL?
PRE & POST AFTERCARE
* Until the skin is completely healed, you should use the prescribed homecare products that are recommended including the use of a SPF50 to be applied Daily. This will ensure your skin heals quickly and is kept hydrated post treatment.
* Some sensitivity to the skin occur after treatment depending on the skin type and home care regimen. Side effects may include, but not limited to, stinging, itching-irritation, redness,tightness, peeling and scabbing of the skin.
* Avoid any extreme temperature settings including sunbeds, saunas steam rooms,exercising, hot baths or showers, scrubbing, picking of rubbing the skin.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING TREATMENT?
HOW LONG IS THE RECOVERY AFTER A CHEMICAL PEEL AND WHAT TYPE OF CARE IS NECESSARY?
WHAT TYPE OF PEELS ARE OUT THERE?
WHERE ON MY BODY CAN I HAVE A SKIN PEEL?
WHY DID I NOT HAVE ANY VISIBLE PEELING AFTER MY PEEL?
WHAT PRODUCTS OR PROCEDURES SHOULD I AVOID BEFORE A CHEMICAL PEEL?
• Two to three days before the peel discontinue using any prescription topicals such as Retin-A, differin or Tazorac, as well as any products containing retinol, alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA), beta hydroxyl acids (BHA) or benzoyl peroxide.
• Patients who have had any medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures such as Laser treatments, cosmetic fillers or other surgical procedures should wait until skin sensitivity has completely resolved before receiving a peel.
WHAT ARE THE COUNTERINDICATIONS TO CHEMICAL PEELS?
• Active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
• Wounded, sunburned or excessively sensitive skin
• Accutane use within the last year
• History of recent chemotherapy or radiation therapy
• Allergies to aspirin
• Women who are pregnant or actively breastfeeding
• Patients with Vitiligo
• Patients with a history of autoimmune disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, multiple sclerosis etc) or any condition that may weaken their immune system
Our Products & Accreditations
What can this do for you?
Your skin is double cleansed in preparation for your Chemical Peel or Facial.
Depending on the strength of the Peel used you may feel some slight tingling.
After the chemical peel treatment, you can expect the treated area of the skin to be dry, red and perhaps slightly irritated. Some degree of skin peeling and/or flaky skin usually takes place on day1-3 after the procedure.
After the treatment itself, you will be given a comprehensive aftercare treatment guide to follow. By following the guide that is given to you. Using a SPF is essential after any chemical peel as your skin will be more sensitive to Sun damage.
Chemical facial peeling is a fantastic way to improve the tone, texture and smoothness of your skin, to help you restore your own confidence in the way you look.